Universal Laser Systems - ILS Platform Series
Capture Larger Opportunities
The ILS Series are our largest and most sophisticated laser platforms, ideal for businesses that process large objects. The ILS laser platforms feature work areas up to twice as large as the largest PLS or VLS laser platforms, and a patented, true Class IV pass-through mode is available for safe processing of objects of unlimited length. Factory ready features like the automation interface allow a properly configured ILS laser platform to serve as either a standalone production solution or be an integrated component of an automated assembly line.
Laser Technology Benefits
- Software Controlled - The laser can be controlled by any software with a print function.
- Multi-Material - Process an endless number of materials available today and in the future.
- Multi-Process - Cut, engrave, mark, and produce photo images in one step.
- Non Contact - Modify material without applying any physical force.
- On Demand - Produce everything you need in real time, without waiting for hard tooling.
Uniquely Universal Features
- ULR Laser Sources - Universal's patented air-cooled free-space gas slab lasers produce an excellent quality beam with even power distribution and good near - and - far-field characteristics, making them ideal for laser material processing.
- High Power Density Focusing Optics™ - High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO) allow the laser beam to be focused to a much smaller spot, making it possible to engrave smaller text and produce sharper images at tighter tolerances.
- 1-Touch Laser Photo™ - 1-Touch Laser Photo is a proprietary software package that makes it quick and easy to produce photographic images on nearly any material.
- SuperSpeed™ - SuperSpeed is suitable for raster image applications and requires Dual Laser Configuration. This component allows two lines of a raster image to be produced simultaneously. For vector cutting, the laser beams can be combined to take advantage of higher power.
- Rapid Reconfiguration™ of Lasers - Laser platforms with Rapid Reconfiguration can be reconfigured with new laser sources in seconds, without tools. This allows you to configure your laser system to suit the task at hand, increasing quality and throughput.
- Laser Interface+™ - This materials-based driver automatically determines the optimum processing settings for your target material. Just select the material type, enter in the material thickness, and start the laser system.
- Dual Laser Configuration - The Dual Laser Configuration optically combines two ULS laser sources into a single beam for additional power and flexibility.
- Pass-Through - When used in conjunction with an approved work environment, our large-format ILS laser platforms can be configured to allow processing of items of unlimited length in full compliance with Class IV laser safety regulations.