Connected Smart Manufacturing Training System (CSM™)
Integration Provided by: APT Manufacturing Solutions
IIoT 4.0 Manufacturing, Assembly, & Packaging
Modern Manufacturing Technology with a fully integrated and intelligent cell.
The CSM is an intelligent manufacturing system using the latest industry 4.0 connected advanced manufacturing equipment and training, problem-solving, and integration skills. The CSM was created by two of the largest automation companies in the World - Rockwell Automation and FANUC America Corporation. The CSM is built by industry for education!
The CSM features four FANUC Robot stations, one FANUC ROBODRILL CNC Machining Center, and multiple Rockwell Automation PLCs, HMIs, and Safety.
The CSM starts with CNC programming and progresses to Machine Tending (load/unload CNC), Laser Engraving/Serializing, Product Assembly & finally, Packaging. Additional stations can be added to introduce palletizing or case packing.
Each of the stations can be separated for individual classroom teaching. The separated workstations can be used for FANUC Robotics CERT training (HandlingTool & iRVision), Rockwell PLC/HMI training, & FANUC CNC Certification training!
- FANUC LR Mate 200iD/7L robotic machine tender to load and unload the CNC vertical machining center
- Automated manufacturing work holder for CNC machining center
- Vision inspection of machining operation
- Laser etching of machined part blank for custom logo with Keyence laser
- Vision inspection of etching
- Vision guided picking and sorting at assembly and packaging
- Packaging of complete kit in logo printed box with choice of colors
- Advanced PLC to robot control
- Rockwell Logix 5000 series PLC programming
- Fault insertion for system training
- Rockwell HMI PanelView interface touch screens
- Fenceless robot cells with safety area scan
- Smart sensor technology over Balluff I/O Link with diagnostics
- Project based mechatronics at each operation
- Dual purpose EOAT on robots with vacuum and mechanical gripping
- Conveyors with VFD variable speed drives
- RFID manufacturing process tracking
- Modular robot work cells that can be used independently
- Materials included for all manufacturing
Industry Recognized Credentials Achieved: