Advanced Manufacturing Certified Educational Trainer (AM-CERT)
Integration Provided by: APT Manufacturing Solutions
The AM-CERT cell was specifically designed for Advanced Manufacturing training for Level I, Level II, and Level III FANUC Robotics CERT Curriculum. Learn robot to PLC interface, PLC ladder logic, operator interface, safety, mechatronics, and iRVision all in one cell.
This real-world manufacturing cell features the following:
- M10ia or M20ia FANUC Robot
- FANUC 2D iRVision
- Rockwell Automation CompactLogix or GuardLogix PLC
- Swivellink Conveyor with Line Tracking
- ATI Automatic Tool Change Option
- Light Curtain or Area Scanner for Safety for Robot Work Area
- SMC Two-Jaw Gripper & Vacuum Tool
- Folding Perimeter Fencing (mobile with pallet jack)
The AM-CERT Cell utilizes a FANUC M10 or M20 robot with communication to a PLC, multiple End of Arm Tooling options, custom folding fencing, and safety training features built into one system that is also portable using a pallet jack or forklift. To accommodate the limited space in education environments, this cell is designed to expand to a 10' x 10' work cell giving ample area for conveyors, palletizing, or pick and place, and when you're done just fold up the guarding to have a cell that is now only 54" wide by 72" deep.
The APT AM-CERT is a full-featured large robot cell using the full-sized Fanuc R30iB robot controller platform, fully integrated to Rockwell Automation CompactLogix PLC using Studio 5000 based programming and a Rockwell PanelView Plus 10" interface touch screen. This cell can teach PLC programming and advanced robot material handling in one self-contained, portable cell. Advanced safety can be taught by use of safety interlock switches and light curtain or area scanner fully integrated into the robot and PLC safety circuit. The cell is ready for the optional conveyor to supply parts to the robot or away from the robot to outside the safety fencing.
Students will have a hands-on experience with standard industrial components they are most likely to see in real manufacturing environments. Learn robot program calls from a PLC based on decisions. Test I/O, motor operation, safety inputs, and vision-guided robotics.
Additional FANUC -APT Education Offerings:
Custom Projects / Workcells - Work with IST & APT to design and implement a customized solution to meet you and your local industry's needs.
- Stronguard Safety Fencing - Gated entry includes a latching gate with a safety interlock switch that the end user connects to the robot fence or emergency stop circuit.
- Robot Pedestal - Heavy duty, welded structural steel, powder coated pedestals for LR Mate robots. Available in five different heights of 24", 30", 36", 42", and 48".
- Conveyor - Heavy duty black conveyor belt, seamless construction, driven by a variable speed Brushless DC gear motor with conveyor mounted speed control.
SpotTool CERT Cart - The Spot Weld simulator CERT Cart offers training on the operation and use of a FANUC robot with SpotTool software with a simulated pedestal mount servo spot weld gun.